Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cooking Class 2



 
Tuesday evening was our second and final (for some) cooking class of this summer semester. I would have to say that I personally enjoyed this one much more than I enjoyed the last one because I liked the food we made this time much more. We learned how to make homemade gnocchi which is a potato pasta that is very common in Tuscany with a pesto tomato sauce and an appetizer that consisted of eggplant, tomato, and mozzarella, and for dessert we made homemade tiramisu. It was all so delicious and I am really excited to go home and try out the recipes on my own. The class itself was a lot more fun this time as well. Francesca and her kids came to join us and her son Dorian cooked with my group which was very cool. He is such a happy kid all the time and he just made the cooking atmosphere so much more fun.  --Katie Copeland

Some of the common words that are helpful to know in the kitchen are:
Mescolare: to stir
Tagliare: to cut
Sale e pepe: salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment